The MindCare Dementia Skills team is offering free dementia courses to anyone living or working in the London Borough of Bromley. The courses are for anyone living or working in Bromley who has an interest in dementia and is not receiving other MindCare training as family carers or Extra Care Housing staff.
Understanding Dementia Course
This course covers:
- Recognising different types of dementia
- Improving awareness of possible symptoms
- Understanding different parts of the brain
- Understanding how memories are stored and how dementia can affect them
- Understanding the impact dementia might have on an individual’s reality
- Various exercises and activities to improve understanding of the experience of dementia
- Recommended responses to certain behaviours or statements to reduce anxiety.
This course will run nine times from March to December 2019.
Successful Communication in Dementia Care
This course will run twice in June and November 2019.
Behaviours We Find Challenging in Dementia Care
This course will run once in September 2019.
Book Your Place
For course details and booking information, please go to the MindCare Dementia Support website.