We provide friends and families caring for someone with dementia with information, support and skills to best care for them.
Support & Information
For carers on a one-to-one basis
- Information about dementia, tailored for your needs, to assist you in your caring role
- Support to access services in the local community
- Carers groups and mutual support
- Help with planning for the future
- Help with understanding and accessing all the support you are legally entitled to as a carer.
A series of workshops are available, offering information about dementia with a focus on the individual experience of the person with dementia. This is a chance to meet and share experiences with other dementia carers in similar situations.
Carers will learn about:
- Understanding dementia – including benefits and support.
- The experience of dementia and the impact on the person.
- Meeting the emotional needs of the person with dementia.
Personalised coaching in the home, focusing on your own experiences, challenges and needs as a carer of a person with dementia.
Coaching is available for individual carers or family groups to help you make the changes necessary to care for someone with dementia.
How to Access Carer Support
Our services are available to carers of people diagnosed with dementia living in the London Borough of Bromley, who are registered with us.
There is no charge for services from the Bromley Dementia Support Hub.
To receive support from us, please contact us.